Sunday, July 24, 2011

Tool #11



Wow, I'm finally at Tool #11! It only took me a few days. I wish I was getting more than 9 hours of credit for those three days. One of my favorite tools was this blog, 11 Tools for the 21st Century Learner. I always considered myself kind of tech-savvy, but I wasn't until now. Before, I thought including a video from the web in one of my lessons was super sweet. I now realize that I was barely touching the surface of all that is available. These tools have truly empowered me with all that I can do with technology in my classroom.

Not only will I have netbooks and an iPad in my classroom, I will bring a fresh outlook and an abundance of tech resources. A new facet has been introduced into my lesson planning. As Tim Gun would say, "Use it thoughtfully." I will spend more time on the front end of my lessons, but the extra time spent to get the technology right will pay off. The lessons will be engaging and relevant.

I was really surprised at how many technology resources the district already has in place on the SBISD intranet. It makes lesson planning so much easier when using a central source. I was also surprised there is a test. I assumed these tool postings were the assessments.

But, I made it to the end, and I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment